Thanks to Julio Marchi for this space in MSX All
MSX Viewer 5
The project MSX Viewer 5 aims at developing a powerful tool to convert PC images to MSX, making possible to use good quality images on MSX. MSX Viewer 5 converts images to all MSX 2+ screen graphic modes, also the V9990 chip and SymbOS. In addition, this project incorporates the projects AI, Color Magic, MSX Palette and Screen2Show.
* Great improvements on the program's interface.
* Bug fixes.
* Bug fix on palette optimization, where resulted on repeated colors.
* Bug fix on "Analysis" tool, where the changes were not reflected to screens 5-7.
* Bug fix on palette editor.
* V9990: Bug fix on YJK and YUV screens loading.
* V9990: Bug fix on file header.
* AI project Fuzzy model replaced the current model.
* Better results on "Fuzzy" color recognition.
* MSX Viewer 5 manual revised. Added the Analysis tool on the manual.
* Some bug fixes on Matlab/Octave MSX Viewer.
* Added new functionality to save animated screens in screen 2 mode (Screen 2 Show).
* Many buf fixes.
* Manual and appendix updated.
* Source code available.
* Simple MSX Viewer Matlab / Gnu Octave version for code learning.
* Basic MSX Viewer Gimp plug-in written in Python.
* Screen 12 bug fix.
* Ordered Dithering bug fix.
* Ordered Dithering added for screen 8.
* Added GSCREENS 5-12 !!
* Bug fixed in image clipping stage.
* SymbOS palette bug found in early versions fixed.
* GFX9000 image header buf fixed. Thanks to Oazem for the report.
* Image analyze tools bug fixed.
* Some bugs on v9990 imagespace fixed. Thanks to Oazem and Daniel Caetano for reporting me.
* Added the image analysis tool for 16 and 64 colors.
* Image space for V9990 available; and
* Palette 64 initialization buf fixed.
* Possible to pase images from clipboard; and
* Linear initialization of K-Means (step 6).
* Now it is possible to export MSX conversion to PC format;
* Fix a screen 8 bug conversion; and
* Added the palette code to manual.
03/12/08 - Launched MSX Viewer beta 9 for tests.
02/09/08 - Currently BETA version being tested on VSU project.
02/09/08 - Some experimental MSX, GFX9000 and SymbOS screens in SCREENSHOTS.
02/09/08 - MSX Viewer 5 can now convert images for Screens 2-12, GFX9000 and SymbOS.
06/23/09 - MSX Viewer 5 on advanced stage of development. It will support V9000 chip too!!
10/23/06 - Palette interface on development. New apendice on downloads.
04/28/06 - What's ready until now? Class MSX image, reading all MSX screens.
04/28/06 - New version being developed in Linux enviroment (Mandrake 10.0).
04/28/06 - Yes! New version on development :)
Marcelo Teixeira Silveira
|© MarMSX 1999-2018|