Thanks to Julio Marchi for this space in MSX All
A MSX's font editor for PC and screens 0/1 mosaic creator.
In addiction, the editor is able to render PC fonts to export them in MSX format and generate character mosaics for screens 0 and 1.
It is based on the old Alfabeto Plus project, using a modern programming environment like Java, improving the program, the interface and introducing the character mosaic tool.
The Alfabeto Plus was the prototype developed for reading, modifying and saving MSX 8x8 character fonts. Thus, it was able to render PC fonts and export them to MSX.
How to use:
Alfabeto Plus was quite simple to use:
- Abrir: opens a MSX 8x8 file font.
- Salvar: saves a MSX 8x8 file font.
- Importar: imports a Windows font to editor.
- Fonte a importar: select an intalled font from Windows to import to the editor.
- b: applies the boldface to the imported font.
- i: applied the italic style to the imported font.
- Controle de posicionamento: manual positioning control to ajust the imported font.
- <<: updates the edited letter to the font area.
This program was coded in Java language and it is able to run in several platforms using the same binary file.
The program interface is quite simple and intuitive to use, presenting buttons with icons and tooltips.
The great new feature is the mosaic tool, where it is possible to import monochromatic images from PC (black & white) and place them at ASCII table, making possible to generate image mosaics on screens 0 and 1.
Click here to access the MSX Font Editor manual.
Programmfe_v1.3_bin.zip - MSX Fonte Editor Java binaries.
mfe_v1.3_src.zip - MSX Fonte Editor source code.
uml.gif - Project's UML diagram.
Tutorial:img2shp - tutorial on how to generate images to use on mosaic tool.
Obs: the program img2shp can be found at tools section.
Misc:exemplos.zip - Some mosaic examples for MSX, including the original image.
fontes.zip - Two MSX font files.
Author: Marcelo Silveira
License: GNU-GPL v. 3.x - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt.
Marcelo Teixeira Silveira
|© MarMSX 1999-2020|